Saturday, October 29, 2011

...It's kinda like black licorice.

Well, game 7 of the world series was yesterday. The end of baseball season is always depressing to me because the realization sets in that the warm weather days of the year have sped past and all we are left with is the tail end of the Doppler effect. This season was especially scarring for me. this past season I invested more time to watching baseball than any year prior. My Tigers bowed out in the ALCS to the Rangers, and then the Rangers made some horrible mistakes and managed to let the mediocre-at-best Cardinals run them over in the World Series. I am left sitting on my couch with a bad taste in my mouth... It's kinda like black licorice.


Just like this piece of black licorice is trying to ruin someones impression of a sweet treat. The American League teams in the playoffs decided to forget how to play fundamental baseball and give it up to a team that was more than 8 games out of the playoffs at the beginning of September. With 158 days now until Opening day of the 2012 baseball season, I dream on a nightly basis of a more favorable outcome.
Its now been over a week since the Detroit Tigers were eliminated from the postseason by the Texas Rangers, which in all honesty, if any team was going to I am glad it was them. I really do enjoy their roster and the characters that comprise their team. But to have them then lay a HUGE egg in the world series is kind of upsetting. HOWEVER, I have cried my tears and shook my fist at the sky enough for this year. Next year... yes, next year. we have to believe. sadly, next year I will not be able to devote the countless hours throughout the long summer days, because by them I should probably be a productive member of society and get a job. I guess, with being a Tigers fan I am used to the taste of Black Licorice at the end of the season. I'll just get used to winning the central and having the Yankees postseason number. It could be a lot worse. I could be a Sox fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment